Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Stuff Again

I am currently in Dublin, Ireland, but before going through the details and fun of the city, allow me to update on school enrollment.

So... I decided to go back to the International Office and ask them what I really need to do. This time was a different lady, and she told me I just need to go to the faculty office and ask the administrators for the letter.

And so I did. And got even more confused. I showed the administrator the application form and the reason why I needed the letter, and she asked other people about it. Just as I was waiting, two local students said to me that, "The school just doesn't function that efficient." Oh, like I didn't know already? Good grief... The administrator came back and told me I actually had to go BACK to the International Office and get the letter. Well, obviously I know that wasn't true because the office doesn't confirm my studies and length of study.

I didn't want to argue so I walked back to the office and told them everything. This time it was a different lady, and she was a bit quirky but REALLY HELPFUL. After listening to my situation she decided to call the faculty to ask what the hell was going on. So apparently here are the steps for me to finalize my visa extension:

1. On September 21, go to the administration office (secretaria) exactly at 11:00 am for information on enrollment. After that I'll be able to get a letter confirming my studies.

2. Bring the letter, my passport and visa to the International Office. They would then send like an application fee or such to my address

3. Once I get the fee, I need to go to the bank and pay it, keep the receipt

4. I then go to the Comisaria with the receipt, passport, and they'll take two pictures of me, and then DONE.

At least theoretically it is so...

And just yesterday I got the email from the coordinator that he's in office Wednesday and Thursday. Ay ay ay... Whatever, I'll just go to him and explain everything... Hope by then he can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment