Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Church Bells

I feel very fortunate to live in an area where there are 6 cathedrals in a circumference of 100 meters. Especially where the main cathedral of the city is located.

Every night, right at 7:15 pm, I hear bells. Lots of bells. Of different cathedrals. Of different tones.

It's very refreshing, calming, soothing, and motivating. The tones remind me of war movies, like in a scene, most likely ending scene, when church bells chime to signify the end of war and the start of peace.

Every time they sing, I always stop and listen. Tentatively. Enjoying and reflecting my time in Spain. Forgetting all the current troubles, stress, and worries I have.

And most of all, being content and thankful of where I am in life.

And it starts again at 8:15.

Every night.

I am fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment