Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Unheard Symphonies of Beethoven

This past week I was in Bonn, Germany for another MUN conference. Bonn is the former capital of West Germany, and the birthplace of Beethoven.

BIMUN was a lot smaller than the previous conferences I've attended. Well, frankly it probably was the smallest conference I've attended. Like 200 people in total? Still a lot smaller than my committee at WorldMUN.

But the funny thing was that I heard people saying this was the biggest conference they've attended and they're super excited.

Wow. Seriously. You've got a lot to attend.

The conference overall had more students coming from Central, Eastern, and Southern Europe

The conference invited so many people and figures discussing about climate change. In my committee a director of the German Union (If I can remember) lectured on green technology.

In my committee, International Labour Conference, we covered green technology and gender equality, but personally I liked green technology so much more!

We also visited the Germany Museum of History (whichever name it is...), and it talked about Germany from the end of World War II to the reunification. It was really impressive as it detailedly showed clips, files, and items depicting life in West and East Germany. I felt the most powerful part of the museum was about the fall of the Berlin Wall, where you see people from East Berlin and Germany crossing into West Germany for the first time in tears and with their luggages, hopeful of a new life.

I'll go more into details about the conference in different posts later on. As for now.... SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment