Saturday, December 5, 2009

Getting the Christmas Feeling

One thing that is different between Spain and Germany is, no doubt, the COLD.

I personally don't like snow and the cold too much, but being in a sunny environment while it should be really cold is some what weird for me. And so I enjoyed the cold very much in Germany. It's not as cold as Canada, which I guess is a good thing, but nevertheless it was pleasant to be in a different environment.

Another thing that I enjoyed Germany was the Christmas market, where traditional beverages, food, and crafts assembled. It was so lively and decorated every night, and along with the cold it definitely made it feel like Christmas!

I tried almost every traditional German cuisine you could think of. Bratwurst, gluhwein, backfisch, reikebuchen (however you spell them).

The Christmas market with all its characteristics really reminded me of the night market in Taiwan. The food, the vibe, the people. Just not the cold.

Though it may be chaotic as many times I'd almost spilled my food, it was relaxing and enjoyable. I guess people were there to enjoy, and I felt it.

I bought some small Christmas crafts for my family, and postcards too for the ones I care :P

No comments:

Post a Comment